Facebook Ads for Small Business

Everyone is using Facebook these days. There are over 2.2 billion active daily users.

China, the largest country in the world, only contains 1.4 billion people.

The ‘population’ of Facebook is massive!

No wonder businesses all want to use it to promote their products and services.

The problem is, 62% of small businesses feel like their paid Facebook Ads are failing.

No one wants to be throwing money at ads that don’t work! What good is such a massive pool of potential customers if you can’t successfully reach them?

Thankfully, there are ways to fix this problem. You don’t have to be part of that 62%!

I’m going to show you the most common reasons why small businesses fail with Facebook Ads and how to fix each issue.

But first, let’s look at the big picture to understand the problem better.

The Problem Isn’t Facebook Ads

96% of all B2C marketers use social media posts as a form of content marketing. That leaves only 4% that don’t!

Do You Want More Customers?

Hey I’m Dennis and I am determined to make your business grow. My only question is, will it be yours?

Facebook Ads for Small Businesses 2

I am the founder of Valley Green Web Design and Facebook Marketing For Small Business.  My goal is to build affordable websites that will help your business grow.

Not only that, but out of all of the B2C companies using social media, 97% of them use Facebook!

This means nearly everyone is using Facebook for business marketing.

If everyone is doing it, it must work, right?

Overall, only 3% of companies who participated in the Content Marketing Institute survey felt that their content marketing approach was not successful.

Since I just showed you that over 97% of them were using Facebook, we have to assume they included that in these results.

And that means Facebook content marketing is successful for the majority of businesses, in general.

But small business owners seem to be struggling with success.

Manta surveyed 4,712 small business owners regarding their use of Facebook, and their results are similar to Weebly’s.

50% of small businesses feel they’re not getting a positive return on investment from Facebook.

This is important for two reasons:

  1. The pool of potential customers is so massive, that if you cannot do this right, you’re handing over a huge chunk of business to your competitors who succeed at it.
  2. You’re paying for ads that aren’t providing a return, which means you’re just throwing away time and money.

Why is it that small businesses are failing at Facebook Ads when larger companies are not?

What are small businesses doing wrong?

A Lack of Understanding Content Marketing

I just showed you that the problem is small businesses and not Facebook Ads.

So what do small businesses have in common, that big businesses do not when it comes to Facebook advertising?

Let’s look at small businesses.

About one-third of small businesses fail within the first two years, and half of all small businesses fail by year five.

Why is the failure rate so high?

There is a range of reasons, from lack of experience to lack of cash flow.

Of course, these reasons for failing in business can also be valid reasons for failing in marketing.

Let’s start with the lack of experience.

Too many small business owners try to wear too many hats.

Just because you are an expert in your field, your product, or your service, does not mean you know everything you need to know about running a business.

Facebook Ads are not like an ad you pay to have in the local newspaper.

A basic understanding of content marketing is necessary to see success unless you’re just insanely lucky.

First off, as with any part of your business, the biggest mistake is not having a strategy and plan.

There is massive potential to grow your business using Facebook, but if you don’t have a clear vision of how you want to use it or what you want the outcome to be, you will fail.

Facebook is just another business tool. It is used by different businesses in different ways.

Over 72% of small businesses said they want to use Facebook to raise awareness.

23 outstanding organizations supporting women in tech

Supporting women in tech

79 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score BUSINESS Supporting women in tech Morgan Smith — February 26, 2020 We believe it’s profoundly important to supporting

Read More »
contractor website

Contractor Website

Contractor Website Contractor websites:  Electricians Plumbers HVAC Handyman Includes 5 webpages: Home About Testimonial Contact FAQ Our designs are built with mobile-first technology so your

Read More »